Have a pole at each end, and sometimes a crossbar called the canticle which supports a tent-contour roof. The name “ridge tent.”
Stable the ridge tents, from a small tent to a large tent. Easy to launch, and even today they are a good refuge.
Larger units, the height of most ridge tents limited, the drawback is the height of the head. It doesn’t matter when you sleep in a tent, but inside you can’t walk. A family vacation in the rain not suitable.
Refugee Ridge Tents Model
Today, the Ridge Tents is a classic reinforcement tent that has designed and tested over centuries. It provides enough space for the refugees to sleep and do daily activities, two poles support the tent. Square space of 4.00 by 4.00 meters and has four windows that give adequate ventilation.
Made of 100% cotton the ridge tent a classic refugee reinforcement tents. Has a choice of an outer layer providing added protection against rain. Waterproof and fireproof are optional. Can add a layer of colored canvas in the tent to make the design more interesting.
Ridge Tents Pros and Cons
Its widespread use, the top tents is the most recognizable tent’s style. In recent years, this design has become less and less common and often seen as a retro choice. The squid shape with two rods at each end to create a simple triangular design known for its classic.
Popular design because rugged and easy to start. Vary in size, the Ridge tent from one or two people’s styles to a wide range of groups. Any tour guide or explore may spend a night. Uses them of their practicality even around for a while.
The drawback of ridge tents not much headspace on either side, even in the middle, not superb. A problem throughout the day you spend most of the time indoors. Use it to sleep, very suitable for camping trips.
Camping Advantages Ridge Tent;
- Tougher than most other types of tents, multiple ropes.
- Stable in the wind and poor weather.
- Comes in a variety of sizes, from single tents to large tents.
- Easy to launch and the configuration may be more complicated than most types of tents.
- Can use for years or even decades durable models.
Shortcomings of the Ridge Tent;
- Reduces storage space and head space for the sloping walls.
- The choice of models available is low, so it limits; outdated designs.
- Carry-on packaging always heavy.